Press Release For Immediate Release
Avocado supplier Green SuperFood launches European marketing arm
Farmers Home Europe is a direct sales channel for exporting premium fresh fruit straight to European importers and retailers from growers in Latin America.
QUINDIO, COLOMBIA – 27 SEPTEMBER 2021 – Green SuperFood (GSF) – a producer-exporter of premium and sustainable fresh fruit and one of the largest Hass avocado growers in Colombia and Brazil – is excited to announce the creation of its new European marketing and distribution arm Farmers Home Europe, which will be launched officially at Fruit Attraction 2021 from Stand 6F03A in Hall 6.
Serving as the European office for GSF’s Latin American growers, Farmers Home Europe will operate via a transparent business model – directly exporting Hass avocados to importers and retailers across Europe, the UK and Russia all year round.
Farmers Home Europe will replicate the GSF’s existing direct sales channel in the Americas, through which fresh fruit is shipped and marketed directly to customers across Brazil, Colombia and Argentina.
Supported by a team based in the Netherlands, Spain, and Portugal, Farmers Home Europe will be responsible for supporting existing GSF customers and expanding retail, wholesale and foodservice sales throughout Europe, eastern Europe, the UK and Russia.
Thanks to Farmers Home Europe, local customers now have a more flexible logistics service which enables them to receive fruit at their closest port of entry or local distribution platform. Looking ahead, Farmers Home Europe has identified a number of local partners with whom the company can become more integrated, minimise costs and streamline the supply chain.
Green SuperFood Colombia CEO Baptiste Kervyn explains: “Green SuperFood is a vertically-integrated grower of Hass avocados in Colombia and Brazil that expects to reach 1,800 hectares (ha) of production by 2023. We have our own advanced nurseries that focus on the research and innovation of healthy, sustainable plants from clonal seeds, which truly sets us apart from other fruit producers in the region.”
Kervyn continues: “The establishment of Farmers Home Europe will add value to our overall proposition through the addition of other products offered by GSF, such as limes, our proprietary AvoInfusion tea (developed with dehydrated natural fruit), and other products coming soon, such as avocado purée, oil and guacamole. Farmers Home Europe will differentiate the business as we incorporate more of our own production. We will be in a position where we can supply our own grown fruit for almost 12 months of the year from Colombia and Brazil.”
This approach is complemented by a focus on sustainable production practices, and supported by nutrient-rich soils across GSF’s growing areas. Fruit is grown according to the strictest global quality and food safety standards, including GlobalGAP and BRCS, and under responsible and regenerative production methods using the latest technology. Supply is year round thanks to complementary production in Colombia and Brazil.
Kervyn explains: “We are a planet-friendly company that takes pride in all the positive social impacts that we have on our local communities and the ecosystems with which we interact. With this in mind, we see that our customers with similar strong environmental and sustainable credentials will be our partners well into the future.”
Green SuperFood and Farmers Home Europe will exhibit jointly at Fruit Attraction 2021, which takes place in Madrid, Spain, on 5-7 October. This year’s edition marks Green SuperFood’s second year of participation.
The company’s goal at Fruit Attraction is to introduce to the produce trade its new company Farmers Home Europe, and to publicise its new direct, transparent sales and marketing concept, which will provide groundbreaking support to European customers. The group also aims to raise awareness of some of the latest technological developments that it is pursuing in partnership with South American tech companies, such as Avocai, which is a harvest forecasting mobile application.
During Fruit Attraction, the company invites the press, plus existing and potential buyers to experience a virtual tour of the company’s production areas, packhouse and nurseries, and to see first-hand the company’s new branded packaging design. Visitors can sample GSF’s new avocado leaf tea made with dehydrated fruit, called AvoInfusion. Journalists are invited to interview Baptiste Kervyn and the Farmers Home Europe team.
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Green SuperFood (GSF) was founded in Colombia and Brazil during 2019 by a Chilean investment group.
- GSF Colombia CEO Baptiste Kervyn has a background in fresh produce and previously worked for Greenyard.
- GSF owns approximately 3,500 hectares of land (ha) in Colombia and Brazil, of which roughly 50 per cent is reserved for the conservation of native forests.
- GSF also sources Hass avocados from like-minded growers, and is starting a project with Tahiti limes from Colombia and mandarins from Brazil. In the future, other tropical fruits may be added to the range.
- The GSF product range features fresh avocados and an avocado leaf tea made with dehydrated fruit. The company is developing processed avocado products, including purées and oil.
- GSF operates world-class packing and cooling facilities.
- GSF owns advanced R&D nurseries in Colombia and Brazil which sets the firm apart from other fruit producers. These nurseries use selected genetic materials, according to international quality standards. By 2022, GSF expects to migrate all of its plants to exclusive clonal seed production, making it a leader in Latin America.
- The firm is certified according to international standards, including: GlobalGAP, GlobalGAP Grasp, BRCS, Rainforest Alliance, Sedex, BASC, FSSC 22000 and ICA.
- GSF and Farmers Home Europe will exhibit at Fruit Attraction 2021 in Madrid, Spain. The duo will be located in Hall 6 on Stand 6F03A.
- Please download the press release photos here.
Head of Marketing & Communications
+57 321 748 1700
ABOUT GREEN SUPERFOOD
Headquartered in Colombia and Brazil, Green SuperFood supplies the domestic and international market with fresh, premium Hass avocados and Tahiti limes all year round from Colombia and Brazil. Underpinned by sustainable growing practices, and a socially-responsible approach, our avocados and limes are delivered fresh, full of flavour and ready to be enjoyed.
ABOUT FARMERS HOME EUROPE
Farmers Home Europe is a sister company to Green SuperFood. Located in Spain, Farmers Home Europe handles the European and Russian sales of fresh, high-quality Hass avocados produced in Colombia and Brazil by Green SuperFood growers.
Linkedin: Green SuperFood
YouTube: Green SuperFood